History of the First Baptist Church of Bremen
FBC Bremen has been a cornerstone of the West Georgia community for more than 100 years. Based on God's word and through God's leading, FBC of Bremen has ministered and created outreach programs to serve and revitalize the West Georgia community, the state, America and the world.
Our vision has been, and will continually be, to love and follow Jesus Christ fully, so that others are drawn to Him, as well as unite us in expanding our reach while remaining true to our biblical roots. We believe it is about people and consistency. We work to win the lost to Christ...One person at a time, nurturing his/her growth through discipleship.
First Baptist Church of Bremen was organized from a small group of men and women who gathered with Rev. W.W. Roop of Carrollton in the Northern Methodist Church in Bremen on July 14, 1893. During that time, Rev. John S. Edwards of Buchanan Baptist was ordained and became the first pastor of Bremen First Baptist Church. In 1900 Rev. J.M.D. Stallings lead the church members to erect their first building.
Over the years, God has moved in the lives of His people to sacrificially give towards the continued growth of His church. Most of the twenty-four pastors, including our current pastor Brother Herman Parker, have had the vision to build the necessary facilities for the church's ministries and programs.
God has blessed First Baptist Church of Bremen with godly men of character to preach and be pastor over this church family. He has also brought men and women who are strong followers of Christ to serve in other areas of ministry. As times goes on and our culture rapidly changes, may the history of this church always be to faithfully walk His way and follow in His footsteps.